This page describes the steps and costs involved in getting connected.
The first step in becoming a LymeFiber subscriber is to sign up for service by completing our online subscription. That puts you in our database and in line for a connection. There is no obligation for signing up, and you will not be billed until after our service is fully installed.
LymeFiber’s network has three main components: the fiber cable that runs on public utility poles (known as the “fiber pass”), the “drop” line that connects your home or business to the fiber pass, and the interior fiber cable and electronics at your premises. When we receive your subscription, we will do an initial survey of your property to determine whether you are eligible for a standard drop or require something additional. LymeFiber will make a standard aerial drop from the nearest public utility pole on the fiber pass to an enclosure on the outside of your premises, at our cost, as long as the drop distance is no more than 400 feet. If you have an aerial drop that exceeds 400 feet or the drop is underground, additional fees may apply. See “Non-standard and Underground Drops” below for details and costs. Once the cable has been run from the nearest pole to the exterior of your home/business, we will call you to schedule full installation. You must be present for the final installation.
A typical installation involves mounting a small cabinet or box called a Network Interface Device (NID) on the outside of your building, usually next to your current telephone box. LymeFiber technicians will then install a fiber cable from the NID to an interior location of your choice. At that location they will install an Optical Network Terminal (ONT). The ONT connects the fiber-optic cable to interior wiring and includes a router. The router provides a WiFi signal as well as several ethernet jacks for your devices.
If your installation has special requirements, please discuss them with the person calling you to schedule your installation.
As part of the installation process, LymeFiber installers connect a battery back-up for the ONT so you can continue to have Internet access and be able to make phone calls in the event of a power outage. LymeFiber can provide larger batteries at additional cost, or you can add supplemental emergency power sources on your own. LymeFiber’s battery back-up will NOT supply back-up power to a separate router or telephone set. If you want to keep your separate equipment working during a power outage, you will need to purchase a UPS (uninterruptable power supply), available at any electronics store (Staples, Best Buy, etc.).
There is an installation fee of $99 for residences and $150 for businesses.
Non-standard and Underground Drops
- If it has not already done so, LymeFiber will conduct a survey for your premise to determine how utilities are run and if necessary prepare a quote using the measurement taken by the surveyor. Please be aware that some drops do not run along your driveway and may not follow the most direct route from the nearest public utility pole.
- Non-standard aerial drops (more than 400 ft from the nearest public utility pole) will incur a charge of $1 per foot for additional aerial footage.
- For underground drops a subscriber-supplied PVC conduit is required.
- In order for conduit to be usable it must be clear of breaks and debris and have a functioning pull string.
- Underground drops longer than 400 ft will incur a charge of $1 per foot for additional underground footage.
- If you plan to hire a contractor to install conduit, it is essential that the installation follow our specifications. For complete details and a list of possible contractors, visit our Conduit Drops to Premise page.
- If you plan to hire a contractor to install conduit, please include this information in a note on your subscription application or contact us letting us know that you intend to do so.
- For large or complex installations, we assess an additional installation charge of $75 per hour for any installation work in excess of two hours.
- If additional charges will apply, and after reviewing the quote you would like to move forward with our service, please send us a deposit for 50% of quoted amount.
- You may call our office at (603) 795-0915 to make a deposit over the phone (credit card transactions will be charged an additional $4.00 for processing fee).
- If you would prefer to pay by check please include a notation on the check describing the purpose. Please send check payments to LymeFiber, 415 Waterman Road, South Royalton, VT 05068.