A Community-Centered Project
Bringing Fiber-Based Internet Service to Lyme, New Hampshire
What is LymeFiber?
LymeFiber is a community-centered project offering fiber-optic Internet data service to all residences, businesses, and public organizations in Lyme. Levels of service range from 25 Mbps up to 800 Mbps. All service is symmetrical - same speed upload and download - and are free of data caps.
Monthly rates begin at $64. Residential and business phone lines will be available as an option for $25 per month.
We will begin to offer services in Fall 2020. For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Universal Coverage. We aim to provide high-speed, fiber-optic-based Internet service to every reachable business and residence in Lyme.
- Net Neutrality. LymeFiber will not throttle or otherwise interfere with your data.
- A Future-Proof Design. Fiber-optic cable provides almost unlimited capacity for whatever new applications come along.
- Competitive Pricing. The cost of our service will be competitive with similar service elsewhere in the region.
- Community Focus. Bringing a needed service to Lyme - our community - is our primary goal.
On Friday, 10 Jan 2020, LymeFiber held a conference call to answer questions from potential bidders for our Request For Proposal (RFP). Here are the responses to those questions: Q: After reviewing the maps and BOM’s provided, I have come up with the attached Unit counts, does ValleyNet plan on sending out a unit breakdown …
The LymeFiber project reached an important milestone today when ValleyNet, the non-profit who will build and operate our network, issued a Request for Proposals (RFP, shown below) for construction of the network. This document will be distributed to companies and trade organizations in the fiber-optic field. It specifies all the technical and legal details of …
Lyme’s own Steve Campbell and ValleyNet’s Carole Monroe were quoted in Saturday’s article about LymeFiber in the Concord Monitor. (The article also appeared on page A2 of Valley News for November 4.) You can read it at: https://www.concordmonitor.com/lyme-nh-fiber-home-internet-29874661 As a reminder, LymeFiber still accepting no-obligation signups. Go to LymeFiber.net, click Sign Up Now. We’ll get back to …