A Community-Centered Project
Bringing Fiber-Based Internet Service to Lyme, New Hampshire
What is LymeFiber?
LymeFiber is a community-centered project offering fiber-optic Internet data service to all residences, businesses, and public organizations in Lyme. Levels of service range from 25 Mbps up to 700 Mbps. All service is symmetrical - same speed upload and download - and are free of data caps.
Monthly rates begin at $74. Residential and business phone lines will be available as an option for $20 per month.
We will begin to offer services in Summer 2020. For more information, see our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Universal Coverage. We aim to provide high-speed, fiber-optic-based Internet service to every reachable business and residence in Lyme.
- Net Neutrality. LymeFiber will not throttle or otherwise interfere with your data.
- A Future-Proof Design. Fiber-optic cable provides almost unlimited capacity for whatever new applications come along.
- Competitive Pricing. The cost of our service will be competitive with similar service elsewhere in the region.
- Community Focus. Bringing a needed service to Lyme - our community - is our primary goal.
As of early September, all applications to attach wires to the utility poles in Lyme have been submitted – a total of 1,941 poles. The utility companies are doing their make-ready survey work in teams composed of a contractor from the ValleyNet office, the telephone company, and the electric company. The photo above shows one …
Steve Campbell sent this note to the Lyme listserv… Friends, The LymeFiber project is moving right along, even if you don’t see our trucks on your road yet (but see below). Here is your August 2019 update. The big news is that all the “make-ready” agreements have been signed with the utilities who have wires …
It’s been a while since you saw those “LymeFiber” trucks on the roads in town, and you may be wondering what’s happening with the project. Here’s an update. Those trucks were doing a pole census – noting the precise location and condition of each of the 2,000 utility poles in Lyme where LymeFiber will need …